Maintaining good mental well-being reduces our vulnerability to mental health difficulties and challenges in life. Here are some handy tips for better mental well-being, especially during the difficult Covid-19 period:
- Exercise Regularly
- Exercising releases “happy hormones” into your body. For instance, you can take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Do More of What Makes You Happy
- Take a break to do what you enjoy can refresh you to better handle your problems
- Manage Your Time
- Plan your time well so that you can complete your tasks on time. Break large tasks into smaller manageable parts.
- Speak to Someone
- Seeking help is not a sign of weakness. Share your worries with someone you trust.
- Think Positive
- Changing your mindset and having a positive attitude can make you happier.
- Sleep Well
- Getting enough sleep (7 to 9 hours daily for an adult) is key to better concentration and focus.
- Practise Deep Breathing
- Breathe in deeply through your nose for 5 counts and breathe out slowly for 5 counts.
For more tips on good health and well-being, you can visit Health Promotion Board website.
Article from Health Promotion Board.