Dear Taxi Partners,
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting our daily routines as it continues to spread. We know this has been a challenging time for taxi partners as it takes a toll on business. We are feeling it too. But most importantly and unitedly, we are here to help and support. Together, we can overcome.
During this difficult time, we have come up the following measures to help taxi partners and take necessary actions to deal with the impact of the COVID-19 situation.
- SMRT Taxis offers financial aid from 14 February to 13 May 2020 by matching $1-to-$1 of Government’s Special Relief Fund (SRF) contribution. Full-time active hirers will receive $20 per vehicle per day for 3 months.
- Eligible full-time taxi hirers gets further support of an additional $15 per day per vehicle from 21 February to 31 March 2020, then $10 per day per vehicle from 1 April to 30 April 2020 and $5 per day per vehicle from 1 May to 13 May 2020 to defray the daily rent.
- As COVID-19 continues to impact taxi drivers’ earning, SMRT Taxis cut the daily rent by another $25 during the period of 27 march 2020 to 30 April 2020, following the enhanced COVID-19 measures which require bars, cinemas and entertainment venues to be closed until 30 April 2020.
- SMRT Taxis makes an extension to the initial SRF ($20 per vehicle per day rent rebate) from 14 May 2020 to 30 September 2020.
- Following the stricter “circuit-breaker” measures, SMRT Taxis waive full taxi rent for 4 weeks from 7 April to 5 May 2020 to enable full-time hirers to continue to earn a living and not worry about overhead costs.
- We safeguard the health of all taxi partners by distributing surgical masks, disinfectants, hand sanitisers and conduct temperature screening daily at designated venues.
Enhanced Cleaning For Everyone’s Safety
- Step up cleaning efforts to disinfect our taxis fleet and work premises.
- Put sanitising hand rub dispensers at Woodlands Customer Service Centre.
- Remind taxi partners through Cabwise, MDT, posters to adopt good personal hygiene and encourage cashless fare payment.
Adhere To Advisory Measures
- Practise safe distancing measure such as marked out seats in training room and floor makers for queue positions at SMRT Bishan Clubhouse.
- Put up QR code in taxis for passengers to scan it to facilitate contact tracing. Taxi partners can use the TraceTogether app at https://TraceTogether.gov.sg.
Create Job Opportunities
- All employees of SMRT have been asked to take SMRT taxis for work trips.
- We repurposed taxi services to provide delivery jobs by partnering with other Companies such as Fei Siong Group, KFC, Pizza Hut, GrabFood and GrabExpress to deliver food.
In the midst of challenges and uncertainties, let us continue to stand together in the fight against COVID-19.
Stay safe, healthy and together we can overcome.
SMRT Taxis Pte Ltd