From 29 Dec 2019, you can drive directly to your destinations on Singapore General Hospital (SGH) Campus through three separate, non-connecting routes.
The implementation of this Destination-Based Road Network allows motorists to get to specific destinations directly and in a shorter time, instead of having to make a loop through SGH Campus.
How do I get to the SGH Emergency department?
From CTE / Outram Road
Use CTE (AYE-Tuas) and exit at Exit 1A (Jalan Bukit Merah)
Turn left to Jalan Bukit Merah
Turn left to College Road
From City / New Bridge Road
Use Kampong Bahru Road/Jalan Bukit Merah
Turn right to College Road
Key Changes on SGH Campus
- To access SGH Blocks 2/3, 4 and National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS), motorists should use Kg Bahru Road or Jalan Bukit Merah to enter via College Road.
- To access Academia, Singapore National Eye Centre, Diabetes and Metabolism Centre and SGH Block 5 and 6/7, motorists should use Outram Road to enter via College Road.
- Renaming of existing Hospital Drive to Hospital Crescent.
- Opening of Hospital Boulevard and junction between new Hospital Drive (road between NHCS and Outram Community Hospital/SingHealth Tower) and Eu Tong Sen Street.
- Permanent closure of a stretch of Second Hospital Ave, between Central Circus (in front of NCCS) and SGH Block 8.
- Permanent closure of Hospital Drive, between Central Circus and Eu Tong Sen Street.
There will be directional signs erected along the route to direct motorists to reach their destinations.